“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Monday, April 9, 2012

Texas Caviar

      This is one of my favorite recipes to make for a party or any fun event.  My little sister in Delta Zeta had a party on Saturday night and she asked us all to bring something.  I brought texas caviar, fruit and my mom's famous fruit dip, and cake batter cheese cake squares.  I have adapted my version of this recipe to include only the parts I like, and I must say I am a big fan! Every time I take it to an event everyone always wants the recipe so it here is:

Texas Caviar a la Brandi

3 Cans of black-eyed peas
1 can of white corn
1 can of yellow corn
1 can of diced green chilies
chopped green onions to taste
1 can of diced tomatoes 
(you can use fresh tomatoes, but I like the canned kind with the jalapenos mixed in)
salt and pepper to taste
1 small bottle of kraft zesty italian dressing


Drain all the canned ingredients and pour into a large bowl.
Add the onions and salt and pepper
Pour in the dressing
Serve with chips (fritos scoops or tostitos) and watch it disappear

No comments:

Post a Comment