“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Saturday, April 28, 2012

Crock Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs

My work schedule has been crazy lately because I haven't found a full time legal job that I am willing to do yet.  Currently, I am working for a vascular surgery practice (where my mom works) doing odd jobs, some legal some not.  I promise you I am going somewhere with this job talk.  Their office is in Newnan, where I used to live, and about 45 mins. from where I now live.  Obviously I do A LOT of commuting, so I have become extremely dependent on my crock pot. (see I told you this story had a point)  I decided to try and make a good spaghetti sauce with meatballs so I could just cook the pasta when I got home and dinner would be done. In the end I didn't have time to make the sauce from scratch, but I did make the meatballs. Here is my crock pot version of this classic:


Crock pot Spaghetti and Meatballs


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 cup of bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tbs of Italian seasoning
  • 2 tbs of Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 jars of spaghetti sauce
     

Pour 1 jar of sauce into your crock pot


 Add remaining ingredients (except the other jar of sauce) to a mixing bowl.


Don't be afraid to get dirty and mix it all up with your hands.


Roll the meat mixture into balls and place them into the sauce in your crock pot.



Pour the second jar of sauce over the meatballs.


Cook on low for 6 hours.


Serve over spaghetti noodles and enjoy!
(Sorry for the dark picture)



No comments:

Post a Comment