“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!

I hope you all had a really wonderful Easter.  Personally, it is my absolute favorite holiday.  I love the music, the flowers, the food, and the true meaning behind the day.  

I started off my Easter weekend by attending a party on Saturday night hosted by my little sister in DZ.  I made lots of yummy food to take to her party.  You can find all those recipes here.  

Sunday morning we went to church and I was moved to tears by all the wonderful music.  This is the first holiday we celebrated since the passing of my great grandmother in February.  She lived to be 94 and celebrated many holidays with us and I miss her everyday, but she was especially missed yesterday.  


This picture is the wire cross at our church that all the members bring flowers to fill on Easter morning. 
I love this tradition. Isn't it beautiful?

After church we all went to my grandparent's house for our weekly Sunday lunch.  We ate off my great grandmother's china in her memory.  Here is a picture of my very full plate of yummy Easter goodness! 


The Menu:
Pork Roast
Potato Salad
Butter Beans
Peas
Broccoli 
Sauteed Squash and Zucchini
Yeast Rolls 
And lots more that wouldn't fit on my plate!

For dessert we had lots of yummy Easter treats,
you can find my contribution (pink lemonade pound cake) here.


No comments:

Post a Comment