“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf

        First of all let me start by saying... generally I do not like meatloaf, the boy, however, does like meatloaf.  I also had a pound of ground beef in my fridge that needed to be used.  So I decided to make a meatloaf and see if I couldn't make it so I might even like it.  I do not like the texture of onions or peppers in food, so I knew right off the bat I would NOT be including those to ingredients in my recipe.  I did some research and eventually combined several recipes together to make my own variation of this homecooked classic...hope you enjoy! 

Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf



Ingredients:

1 lb of ground beef
4 slices of bacon cooked and crumbled (not pictured because it was cooking)
1/4 cup of breadcrumbs
2 eggs
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
garlic to taste
seasonings to taste ( I used Lawry's season all and salt)
worschestire sauce to taste (I love this stuff, so I used a lot probably about 2 tbs)
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tbs of mustard

First, in a small bowl mix the ketchup and the mustard,
because you will need it twice.


Place 3/4's of your ketchup mixture and the rest of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl
(not sure why my pictures are coming in sideways)


Don't be afraid to get your hands dirty, and mix it all together.

Place mixture in a greased loaf pan,
and spoon remaining ketchup mixture over the  top.


Bake at 350 for 45 mins


Serve and enjoy
(please ignore my soupy mashed potatoes)


        (Oh btw, even though I did eat it, and it was pretty good, in the end it doesn't matter what is in it, I still don't really like meatloaf. It must be a texture thing. Of course, the boy loved it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment