“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Thursday, April 12, 2012

Chicken Paprika

This is a recipe that my dad used to make for my brother and me a lot when we would stay at his house.  I haven't had it in almost 10 years, but for some reason, I just started craving it last week.  So I texted my dad for his recipe and did some research online and came up with my own version of one of my childhood favorites.


Chicken Paprika


Ingredients: (sorry I forgot to take an ingredients picture)
  •  1 whole chicken boiled and shredded.
  •  1 box of shells pasta
  •  2 cans of cream of chicken soup (I used fat free)
  •  1 cup of sour cream (I used fat free)
  •  3 tbs of paprika
  •  1/2 cup of pasta water



Boil, cool, and shred chicken.
(I boiled mine with garlic, onions, celery,
and carrots and kept the broth for soup later)

Boil pasta according to package instructions.


In a large saute pan, combine the soup and sour cream.


Heat on med heat and stir until smooth and creamy


Add pasta water to the soup mixture
(use more than 1/2 cup if mixture looks really thick)

Add chicken and simmer for 10 mins.
Keep stirring so mixture doesn't burn.

Add paprika.
(it is supposed to have a nice orange color and subtle taste of paprika
so if it still looks pale yellow or you don't think the taste is right,
add more paprika if desired)

Drain pasta.


Return pasta to pot and pour the soup mixture over the pasta.
Stir and serve.


Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment