“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos

Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos


Ingredients:
  • 1 chuck roast
  • 1 tbs garlic
  • green onions diced
  • 1 jalapeno pepper diced
  • 1 can diced green chilies
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 4 tbs beef broth base (or 2 cups of beef broth)
  • 2 cups of water (if beef broth is used don't add water)
  • 2 tsp cumin
  • 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 1 1/2 tsp of oregano


I forgot to include the spices in my ingredient list...ooops!


Mix the all the veggies, spices, and dry ingredients together in a bowl.
(it looks wet because of the canned chilies)


Add the water to the mixture.


 Place chuck roast in the slowcooker and cover with the mixture.


Cook for 8 hours.


Serve with your favorite taco toppings and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I made this meat last weekend for my husband , Sence i was going to be gone the while time. Friday night I recieved a text, "what's in the crock pot it smells good? ". I told him to eat it, Saturday I got another text, "what am I supposta do with this meat in the crock pot?" I said eat it ...Sunday I finally gor a phone call..."man that meat was good, I don't know what it was for but I just ate it out of the bowl".hehehe sillly man, anyways it is a big hit in my house !

    ReplyDelete