“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Monday, May 14, 2012

White Chocolate Heath Bar Blondies

Baking is a stress reliever for me and when I get the itch to bake, I bake. When I get this particular itch I try to use ingredients that I already have on hand, and this is one of those recipes that I decided to bake on the fly with what I had in the pantry. This is why there is country crock spread in the ingredients picture (I DO NOT USUALLY BAKE WITH THIS) because butter was the only ingredient I was missing, and I was not about to go to the store for just butter so I improvised.  These are delicious yall! I took them to work and my co-workers (one in particular) ate them all in one day.  


Ingredients:

8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup white sugar
1 cup heath bar pieces
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x9 inch baking pan.


Melt white chocolate and butter on the stove.
Stir occasionally until smooth. Set aside to cool.



Whip eggs in electric mixer until frothy.


Add sugar and vanilla.

Mix all together and then add the dry ingredients.
Next whip in the melted chocolate butter mixture.

Add the heath bar.

Make sure everything is mixed really well.

Pour into greased pan.

Add more white chocolate chips on top and bake for 25 mins.

Cut into squares and try not to eat them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment