“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Monday, October 28, 2013

Slow Cooker Apple Sauce

        On Friday morning I had court in the North Georgia Mountains.  After court, I took the long way home and drove through the mountains to my little college town of Dahlonega.  Along the way I stopped at Bud's Pink Pig in Cherry Log, Georgia for a delicious BBQ lunch and Hillcrest Apple Farm in Ellijay Georgia to buy my annual fall apples.  I made this applesauce last year it was a hit for me and my husband.  Hope you all enjoy it too!


Slow Cooker Apple Sauce
Ingredients:

10 Apples (I used honey crisp)
½ cup sugar
½ cup water
Cinnamon to taste
Vanilla extract to taste

 
Directions:

Peel and core the apples, then cut them into chunks.  Place apples in the crock pot.  Pour sugar and water over the apples.  Add vanilla and cinnamon.  (I went light on cinnamon, probably ½ tsp and heavy on the vanilla, probably 1 ½ tbs) Cook on high for 4 hours stirring occasionally.  When done mash up any remaining chunks with a potato masher.

You can serve it warm or chilled.

 


We prefer it warm over vanilla ice cream. ENJOY!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment