“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Monday, March 25, 2013

Baked Spaghetti

This is a variation on a recipe my law school roomie used to make.  The other day I was craving spaghetti, but I wanted something different than just regular spaghetti and I thought of her recipe. You can find it here.  Like my friend, I wanted to try to lighten up this recipe and use what I had in my pantry.  I hope you enjoy!

Baked Spaghetti

Ingredients:


 
1 16oz package of spaghetti (I used brown rice spaghetti because it is gluten free)
1 pound ground turkey
1 jar/can of spaghetti sauce
2 eggs
5 tbs butter melted
1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
2 cups low fat small curd cottage cheese
4 cups part skim mozzarella cheese shredded

Directions:
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
 
Boil Past according to package directions.


Brown Turkey in skillet.
(Tip: Add a touch beef bullion and Worcestershire sauce to give it beef flavor and brown color)


 
After meat is brown drain and add sauce and bring to simmer.

 
Mix together: Egg, cottage cheese, 2 cups of shredded cheese, a little salt, butter.
 
Once combined, stir in cooked pasta.
 

Layer sauce and pasta mixture in a 9x13 baking dish.
 
Top with remaining 2 cups of cheese.
 


Cover in foil and bake for 45 mins.
 
Remove foil and bake for 15 mins or until golden brown.
 

Serve and enjoy!
 
Just as good for lunch the next day.
 
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment