“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Sunday, January 12, 2014

Tortellini Soup

I have been meaning to write this blog for a while.  I made this recipe back in December before I started my new healthy lifestyle this year, but I wanted to share it with you all anyway.  This may be one of my new favorite soups, but it isn't low carb friendly, so I won't be eating it for a good long while, but as soon as I am able to eat pasta again, this will be at the top of my list!  It's "souper"  easy to make and would make a great week night dinner.

Tortellini Soup

Ingredients:
  • Half of a yellow onion
  • 2 Cloves of Garlic
  • 1 Box of Chicken Broth
  • 1 lb of Ground Beef or Turkey
  • 1/2 Cup of Parmesan Cheese
  • 1 Can/Jar of Spaghetti Sauce
  • 1 Bag of Frozen Tortellini
  • Shredded Mozzarella for garnish 


 
 
Directions:
 
 
 
Brown ground beef with onions. Once cooked drain and return to the pot.

 
Add the rest of the ingredients (except the mozzarella cheese and tortellini) and bring to a boil.

 
Once boiling, add tortellini boil until the pasta floats.

 
Spoon into bowls, top with mozzarella, serve with buttery garlic bread and ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment