“Cookery is not chemistry. It is an art. It requires instinct and taste rather than exact measurements.” - Marcel Boulestin


Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Crock Pot Cubed Steak

I found this recipe on pinterest and added it to my to do list of meals.  I actually wasn't planning on making this recipe for a more weeks but with a coupon I had for our new super target I picked up the cube steaks for this recipe for just under $2! What a deal! This recipe is really easy and it is really really really good.  I only made 1 change from the pinned recipe.  I have found that recipes that require dry soup mixtures can be very salty if you don't add enough water, so I added more to the recipe, and it turned out just right.


Crock Pot Cubed Steak


Ingredients:
  • 2 cans cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 packet of onion soup mix
  • 1 1/2 cup of water
  • cubed steaks


Put all ingredients in to your crock pot.
(p.s. check out my FABULOUS new crockpot)


Cook on low for 8 hours.
(it's not pretty but it's yummy)


Serve over mashed potatoes (my personal choice), noodles, or rice and enjoy!
This is probably one of my favorite crock pot meals ever!!!!

10 comments:

  1. What would be a good substitute for cream of mushroom soup in this recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tried this for the fam and it was sooooooo good!!! I made it a second time just for me. LOL Camille I used cream of chicken the second time because the hubby picked up the wrong cans and it was just as good as the COM soup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What would be the time if cooked on high...dont have 8 hours today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Typically it's half the time. I've done this in 4 hrs and tastes just fine

      Delete
  4. Why add the dry soup mix at all. I've been doing this for years and it doesn't need anything other than the mushroom soup. There's plenty of salt in the mushroom soup and if you want the onion flavor just chop up an onion and add it in rather than adding a heart attack in a pouch. (btw, I did try it with the soup mix when I first saw this recipe and I did not enjoy the flavor anyway)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have used beefy onion soup mix to give it a richer beef flavor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Gives it a richer deeper flavor..yummy!

      Delete
    2. I used golden mushroom soup and the beefy onion soup mix! It was very, very good!

      Delete
  6. Did you brown the cube steak first before you put in crock pot?

    ReplyDelete